- This event has passed.
Teaching and Researching with the Collections
October 6 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The UMFA invites you to a three-part virtual lunchtime series featuring lightning talks with University of Utah researchers working with art and archives from the Utah Museum of Fine Arts and J. Willard Marriott Library Special Collections.
This session will feature:
- Ana Carolina Antunes, Utah Immigration Stories: Connecting Past to Present through Art and Photography
- Adrian Bell & Jake Fitisemanu, Illuminating Shared Experiences: Building a Method for a Comparative Iconography of Pacific Islanders and Native Americans in Utah
- Elisabet Curbelo González, The Creation of New Music to Sonify Landscape, Land art, and the American West
- Julia Huddleston, Women’s Work in the American West: Teaching with Primary Sources
- Cody FitzGerald, Rebecca Hardenbrook, Kiki Karahalios, & China Mauck, Learning Art: What Makes Western Art ‘Western’?
- Lisa Swanstrom, Max Schleicher, & Yvette Mylett, Inventory of Affects: William Bartram’s Travels and Mark Dion’s ‘Travels… Reconsidered’